IF YOU ARE USING INTERNET EXPLORER 9 or later , there is a known issue with MicroSoft’s “ClickOnce Published Applications” that might result in you seeing a page full of XML/HTML instead of installing and running the App as it is supposed to.
Before manually installing, you can try the following work arounds:
- Use Google Chrome, FireFox or Safari browsers instead.
- If you need to use Internet Explorer … Click on the little “broken page” at the end of the URL bar in IE 9+. This may cause the page to refresh and then in about 10-15 seconds the Updater App will start running. If not, refresh the page manually by going back to the Downloads and Updates page.
- If that doesn’t work, go to CONTROL PANEL -> INTERNET OPTIONS -> Programs Tab -> Set Programs -> Associate a file type or protocol with a program … make sure the file type “.application” is associated with the “ClickOnce Application Deployment Support Library”
If that fails, there are several other settings in IE that may affect installation, detailed IN THIS ARTICLE.
If all else fails, you can MANUALLY update the firmware by performing the following:
- Download the newest firmware HERE
- Unzip the resulting file (currentfirmware.zip)
- Ensure your DashBoss gateway is plugged into a USB port and shows up as removable drive
- DELETE THE FILE deleteme.dhx on the DashBoss_tm drive (your gateway)
- Drag and Drop the Encrypted.dhx file (unzipped in step 2) onto the DashBoss_tm drive
- EJECT the DashBoss_tm drive (most of the times it’s OK to unplug it, but to be sure do a “SAFELY EJECT HARDWARE”. Be sure the DashBoss_tm window is closed if you get a “device busy/could not eject” error)
- The firmware has been updated!
- If you unplug and plug the gateway back in, the file on DashBoss_tm will be DELETEME.DHX again. It will always be there when the device is plugged in “fresh”
- After you plug the gateway back into the vehicle, watch for 3 flashes of the LEDs. This indicates it 3 passes of hardware and firmware diagnostics. If you DO NOT see 3 flashes, it is possible the firmware didn’t upgrade correctly or was corrupted. You need to repeat the upgrade process and ensure it EJECTS cleanly.