SEMA was overwhelming and it’s almost inhumanly possible to see everything and talk to everyone you want to, BUT I managed to snap some quick pictures …
I noticed some trends this year:
- Attendance was up. The show was packed!
- Non-metallic paint was “cool”. Lots of grays, blues, and cream/off-white with lots of gloss (not matte).
- Crate motors were all over the place:
- Modern crate Hemis in old Mopars
- Ford Coyote 5.0s in old Fords (lots of Mustangs)
- GM LSx motors in EVERYTHING … it was definitely the “go to” motor for restorods
- Lots more Chinese presence in the main displays (as opposed to over in the Apex supplier show)
- Turbos, turbos, turbos
- Diesel stuff was sort of “toned down” this year … less new and innovative stuff than previous years (I’m wondering if it’s partly due to the EPA crackdown and difficulty with the newer emissions systems)
- Some neat Marine stuff (drives and engines)
… take a look at the pics!