SEMA was overwhelming and it’s almost inhumanly possible to see everything and talk to everyone you want to, BUT I managed to snap some quick pictures …
I noticed some trends this year:
- Attendance was up. The show was packed!
- Non-metallic paint was “cool”. Lots of grays, blues, and cream/off-white with lots of gloss (not matte).
- Crate motors were all over the place:
- Modern crate Hemis in old Mopars
- Ford Coyote 5.0s in old Fords (lots of Mustangs)
- GM LSx motors in EVERYTHING … it was definitely the “go to” motor for restorods
- Lots more Chinese presence in the main displays (as opposed to over in the Apex supplier show)
- Turbos, turbos, turbos
- Diesel stuff was sort of “toned down” this year … less new and innovative stuff than previous years (I’m wondering if it’s partly due to the EPA crackdown and difficulty with the newer emissions systems)
- Some neat Marine stuff (drives and engines)
… take a look at the pics!
Check out the opening scene where DashBoss is displaying realtime ODB2 metrics including wideband O2…
10.3.2014 the new V1.99 DashBoss version is now released on the App Store. See THIS LINK for details on all the new goodies!
Version V1.99 was submitted to the App Store 9/18/2014 and is “In Review” at the Apple App Store as of 9/25/2014! This usually means it will be released to the App Store within 24-48 hours…
This version has a lot of new features and some fixes (mainly for iOS8 and the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus). For list of V1.99 contents, CLICK HERE … you can also access this when you get V1.99 and within the DashBoss App, tap the “I” in the lower right hand corner of the HOME SCREEN.
V1.99 has been submitted for approval at the App Store. Look for it to be available 9/20-9/24 (depending on the approval process).
- Bug fix for the SCT tuner VINs containing non-alphanumeric chars (like “!”)NEW FEATURES
- Changes to accomodate iOS8 and the screen layouts for the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- Reworked graphic features to dynamically size/place in different devices from iPhone 4s to latest iPhone 6
- “Sticky Alert” Feature added … after an alert is sounded, a highlight box around the parameter that triggered it appears and stays for about a minute before fading away to give you a chance to see the alert if it’s on a different gauge screen than you’re viewing or if it was very momentary and you weren’t logging
- GM Vehicles with custom E85 Operating Systems now shows Alcohol %
- Ford PowerStroke A/C status switches
- Diesel MPG added for PowerStroke
- New Gauge face colors/themes added
- New parameters for EcoBoost engines
- Ford PowerStroke MAF Voltage added
- GM Cylinder Air Mass added
- DuraMax LML boost added
The great Beta testers we work with are all pounding away on several new things for v1.99. These include:
- Alcohol % for GM vehicles who have custom FlexFuel OSes flashed on them
- Ford AC pressure and status switches
- “Sticky Alerts” … when an Alert triggers, it’s sometimes hard to see what is alerting if it’s off the screen or something intermittent or momentary. To help with that, we’ve come up with a way to outline the alerted value on the screen and it “hangs around” for about a minute after the alert has cleared so you have time to see it. It then “ages” out and turns off after that minute.
- Multiple vehicle settings being “remembered”. The idea that’s being tested is that each vehicle that DashBoss connects to can have it’s own set of “preferences” … backgrounds, colors, parameters, etc. are all tied to that vehicle that you are connected to (via the VIN).
- Several other new parameters for GM and Ford, including working on DMax LML boost
- Help system is simplified to mainly graphic “overlays” when you start the app the first few times. After that, the “I” button will either splash up the overlay again OR it’ll point at a dynamically updated webpage on our site that can help. That cuts down on some of the “bloat” for a bunch of text that nobody reads anyway! 🙂
- Lots of little tweaks and stability fixes
Also, this has been added as an option to the Ford PowerStroke COMBO bundle!
We’ve had a lot of requests for sponsorship lately, and thought it’d be useful to just gather the info HERE.
Version 1.97 is now available on the App Store. This release includes a corrected MAF Voltage parameter for Fords, several small bug fixes, and expanded VIN recognition for Saab 9-7x and Saab Aero 9-7x. Watch for v1.98 in the coming weeks to add some EcoBoost specific parameters for Fords.
Based on some new documentation and field testing (thanks folks for the input!) … the EGT Kits ** should use some slightly tweaked settings for better overall accuracy (they should be pretty close with the old settings, but this will help improve that).
** OUR AMP AND PROBE ARE THE ONLY ONES WE CAN REALLY SPEAK TO .. the settings should be GENERALLY correct for other probes, but if you are using a “roll your own” Amp or eBay amp, it could vary based on the gain, offset and gain error of the amp you use.